BGGA Class of 2016 Ana Paula Valdes won her first collegiate tournament in the fall of 2018 with co-medalist honors at the Battle at the Beach. A starter for Clemson each of her first two years, she was a veteran of 26 tournaments entering the spring of 2019. Valdez has five collegiate top 10s. She earned the top finish for a Tiger at the ACC Women’s Championship, finishing in a tie for 20th.
Here is Valdes’ impressive overview:
- All-America Scholar by the Golf Coaches Association each of her first two years.
- Academic All-ACC each of her first two years.
- Second on the Clemson team in stroke average as a freshman and third as a sophomore, Valdez improved her stroke average from 74.28 as a freshman to 73.63 as a sophomore.
- Second in Clemson history in career scoring average with a 73.59 figure entering spring of 2019.
- Second in career rounds at par or better with 29, second in career finish percentage (.659), fifth in career counting scores with 72.
- Her score has counted 93.5 percentage of the time (72-77).
- Third in career birdies on career basis with 210.
- First Clemson golfer to shoot par or better in all three rounds of the ACC Tournament.
- Clemson’s top player at the ACC Tournament and the NCAA National Tournament as a freshman.
- Ranked among the top 10 junior girls in the nation for most of her last four years.
- Second-team AJGA Rolex All-American for 2015.
- In the summer of 2016 was ranked No. 6 among Junior Girls in the class of 2016.
- Won the Sergio Garcia Junior Championship in May of 2016 with scores of 71-70.
- Committed to Clemson as a sophomore in at BGGA.