Freshman Ian Peng capped his outstanding rookie season with a blistering final round to lead VCU in NCAA Regional play.
- Peng, an individual runner-up for VCU at the Atlantic 10 Championship, fired a final-round 68 to place 14th. Peng’s finish is the highest by a Ram in NCAA play since 2010.
- Peng recorded six birdies and weathered a double bogey on 15 to climb 12 spots on the leaderboard. His 14th-place finish is the highest ever by a VCU freshman at an NCAA Regional.
- Peng’s final round effort was one stroke shy of the best ever by a Ram in NCAA play.
- Peng’s spring season included four top-20 finishes. He recorded 13 rounds of par or better for the Rams in 2018-19, most on the team.
- Peng’s 37 pars were among the most in the field.
- Peng pushed the Rams into the Atlantic 10 Championship and earned Most Outstanding Rookie Performance and All-Conference Honors.