Not only are we building one of the only state-of-the-art indoor practice facilities in the nation for our student-athletes, we are also making big changes to the staff. We’d like to introduce Senior Golf Instructor Dan Jackson, originally from England. Dan has extensive experience training junior golfers.
We asked Dan a few questions so you could get to know him a little better outside of golf.
- Describe your position at IJGA?
To work closely with the students and develop their game with the use of the latest technology.
- What’s your favorite part about your job?
Helping the students improve.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what people think, as long as you are happy.
- What are your favorite sports besides golf?
Baseball and Soccer
- What is your favorite home-cooked meal?
- What is always stocked in your refrigerator?
Fruit – strawberries and blueberries.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
The Austrian Alps, because they are stunning.
- Is there anything you are addicted to? Or can’t live without?
- What movie do you watch again and again?
The Great Escape and the Italian Job (The originals).
- Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
Anywhere with mountains. I love the views.
- What are three things we don’t know about you?
- I have identical twin daughters.
- I’m passionate about cars.
- I would love to explore Alaska one day.
- What is your favorite quote?
“The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.”