Serving local, national and international students grades 5-12, Heritage Academy is the highly accredited college preparatory institution for IJGA students. Heritage Academy helps young athletes learn important scholastic skills in an environment designed to accommodate and complement their training and competition.
IJGA Athletic & Individual Development is dedicated to developing the complete student-athlete. Every IJGA Academy and Camp athlete will experience programs to complement individual goals and aspirations. We’ve proven many times over that if you combine the right technical, tactical, mental and physical training, and competition through proper tournament scheduling, you can accomplish truly amazing things.
We are a developmental golf academy. Our students train to what will be required of them in collegiate or professional golf. We encourage our student-athletes to begin in their freshman or sophomore year of high school to achieve collegiate goals. Student-athletes sign a personal commitment contract of goals we help to establish. Yes, you’ll swing it really nicely, but you will also be able to handle the heat of battle during tournament.
Are you receiving the golf training you deserve?
Applications are now being accepted for the IJGA full-time golf program, which runs from September through June, or on a semester basis. The International Junior Golf Academy is a place where junior golfers can live the dream of combining their passion for golf with a top-tier education. IJGA offers nine months of combined training and schooling for junior golfers ready to reach the next level. If you are interested in junior golf training at the IJGA, we strongly recommend you apply online as soon as possible as space is very limited.
Where junior golfers achieve their dream of playing top-tier golf with a top-tier education.
The prep school we have built from the ground up is centered on helping junior golfers reach the next level in both their golf and their scholastic abilities. The junior golf program at IJGA is one of the world’s best and has proven for decades to maximize junior golf performance. We place Athletic & Individual Development as a priority and ensure that our students are confident competitors as a result. Along with physical conditioning, each student at IJGA receives daily instruction in full swing, short game, course management and mental conditioning. Our coaches pay close attention to each junior golfer’s needs and recommend a personal performance assesssment three times throughout the year.
The IJGA boasts a near 100% college placement rate with students earning over $51 million in scholarships. Alumni have gone on to prestigious golf programs like Georgia Tech, Princeton, Dartmouth and many others. Students at IJGA are supported academically by the excellent curriculum we are able to provide through the Heritage Academy – a passion school where teachers work to give our students a scholarship worth education without compromising their passion for golf.
Here’s what to expect:
- Student to teacher ratio is 7 to 1, allowing for every student to receive personalized golf instruction at one of the premier junior golf academies to reach their fullest potential as a golfer.
- At our academy of golf, students receive daily instruction in full swing, short game, course management, mental training, and physical training.
- Students train at six elite golf courses. IJGA students train at Pinecrest Golf Club and Island West Golf Club, the exclusive golf-training facilities of IJGA, where students will benefit from the recently updated practice facilities, including a 15,000-sq.-ft. putting green, short-game area, and practice ranges at these 7,000-yard private golf courses. Students also have the opportunity to train at Crescent Pointe, Eagles Pointe, Rose Hill and Dolphin Head Golf Club – IJGA’s four newest partner courses.
- Full-time students work with our Director of College Placement to develop a tournament schedule and resume, to work towards their future collegiate goals.
- Heritage Academy (grades 5-12) is the academic partner of the IJGA and located on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
- Students are enabled to pursue their passion for golf without interrupting their academic schedule and progress.
- Heritage Academy offers I-20 authorizations and provides many special programs including College Preparatory courses and English as a Second Language (ESL) for foreign students.
- Offering AdvancEd SACS accreditation, among others, Heritage Academy is among the junior golf schools with the most accreditation.
- Small class size with an average of 8 and maximum of 15
- Block scheduling
- ESL, College Prep, honors and Advanced Placement classes
- Courses offered include Literature Analysis, Biology, U.S. Government, Calculus, Psychology, Studio Art, Geometry, Physical Science, Spanish,
- Students at the IJGA regularly compete on the weekends throughout the school year in nationally ranked events on the International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) in addition to others available to them.
- The IJGT is the only junior golf tour that runs every weekend through the academic year, with over 60 tournaments annually.
- Students at the IJGA compete in American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) tournaments and other prestigious junior and amateur events held in the United States and internationally.
Schedule a tour
Visit Heritage Academy • Visit housing facilities and meet with Residential Instructors • Visit the IJGA Performance Center • Visit the golf-training facility, Pinecrest Golf Club • Meet the Director of Mental Training • Meet the Director of College Placement • Bring your golf clubs for a professional evaluation with a Certified Instructor.
A typical day at IJGA
AM School Schedule
6:15AM – Breakfast
7:20AM – Classes begin at Heritage Academy
12:10PM – Classes end at Heritage Academy
12:40PM – Lunch at Pinecrest
1PM – Warm up for golf practice begins
1:30PM – Golf practice
5PM – Golf practice ends
PM School Schedule
6:55AM – Breakfast
7:45AM – Golf practice begins
11:15AM – Lunch at Pinecrest
12:15PM – Classes begin at Heritage Academy
5:06PM – Classes end at Heritage Academy
1-hour long fitness sessions with Performance Director
5PM rec room opens
5:30PM-7:30PM Village Café is open for dinner
7PM-9:45PM Academic Success Center is open
8:15PM-9:45PM Study Time
10PM Lights Out and Curfew
*half of the students will attend golf training in the morning and school in the afternoon while the other half of the students will operate on the opposite split schedule with school in the morning and golf in the afternoons